St Clare's Convent High School, Guwahati
St. Clare’s Convent High School, Borjhar is a minority educational institution owned by the Institute of Clarist Franciscan Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament, a body registered under the societies Registration Act XXI of 1860. It was established on January 18th, 1993. The primary aim of the school is to realize the education and forming the students to be intellectually competent, morally sound, psychologically whole, spiritually oriented, culturally integrated, socially responsible growing in friendly, imbued with deep sense of noble values and concern for the less fortunate. The school is affiliated to CBSE board with the Registration no: 230068. The school has an excellent infrastructure, sufficient class rooms, furniture, qualified teachers, library, labs and all the other facilities needed for the good running of an institution.
St. Clare , The patron of the school.
St.Clare's Convent High School is named after St. Clare of Assisi, born in Assisi, Italy, in the year 1193 to a wealthy parents. Greatly influenced by the piety of her mother this little beautiful noble child dedicated her life to God and became the Foundress of an order of nuns now called "Poor Clares". When she heard St. Francis of Assisi preach, her heart burned with a great desire to imitate Francis and to live a poor, humble life for Jesus. So one evening, she ran away from home, and in a little chapel outside Assisi, gave herself to God. St. Francis cut off her hair and gave her a rough brown habit to wear, tied with a plain cord around her waist. Her parents tried in every way to make her return home, but Clare would not. She lived a very austere life and loved God. She died on August 11th, 1253.
Venerable Mother SERAPHINA - An Educationist Founders of the Congregation
Our Venerable Foundress Mother Seraphina Farolfi was born on 7th October, 1853 in Italy in a noble family. Right from infancy she was inclined to prayer and pious exercises. She distinguished herself for her respect and obedience to her parents and elders, for her reserved and sober demeanour and for her modest bearing. She successfully completed her elementary as well as high school education and later obtained a Diploma in teaching and also a higher grade Teacher's Certificate. Her ardent desire for Martyrdom and her eagerness to dedicate herself to the education of the youth and the most abandoned led her to begin a Congregation of Sisters with a distinctive Missionary Charism in 1898. Thus on 1st May, 1898 her long cherished dream of living and dying for Love of Jesus was realized. Seraphina's slogan in life was "Love", "Work", "Sacrifice". Love the God of Love and make him known to all. Work for the Glory of God in service of humanity. Sacrifice everything for the salvation of mankind.
When the earthquake of 1908 rendered many children became homeless, Seraphina opened Welfare Centres to shelter the orphan girls. Medical care became a regular feature of the mission of the CFMSS, ever since Italy entered the First World.
However, Seraphina's avowed aim was the education of the girl child. Her education policy was geared to the integral formation of the pupils with stress on character training and practical skills in fine arts and household works. She always urged the teachers to be role models to the pupils by their comprehensive knowledge of the subject matter, effective teaching methods and above all by the example of their own upright character. She insisted, too, on the teachers' "keeping themselves abreast of scientific progress, new findings and whatever can contribute to sharpen their intellect." On 18th June, 1917, the Holy Soul of this great Mother flew away to its eternal abode whispering, "Thy will be Done". Today, we the Sisters of CFMSS family bow before the Almighty with grateful heart for the varied and wonderful ways of God's intervention in the life of our Congregation during the past hundred and twenty years of its existence.